26 May 2008

Harley Davidson

And here is an interesting poem that Harley Davidson chose to advertise their bikes...
What do you make of it ?
Age
if I had my life to live over,
I´d try to make more mistakes next time
I would relax,
I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
I know of very few things I would take seriously.
I would take more chances.
I would take more trips.
I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers and watch more sunsets.
I would eat more ice cream and less beans.
I would have more actual troubles and fewer imaginary ones.
You see, I am one of those people who live prophylactically
and sanely and sensibly,
hour after hour, day after day.
Oh, I have had my moments and, if I had to do
it all over again, I´d have more of them.
In fact, I´d try to have nothing else, just
moments, one after another.
If I had my life to live over,
I´d start bare-footed earlier in the spring and stay that way
later in the fall.
I would play hooky more,
I would ride on more marry-go-rounds.
I´d pick more daisies.

3 comments:

Ruan said...

i think would have's are terrible things, probably the worst ever. we should stop worrying about what's over and live to what's yet to come.

if we`ve got a chance, why not working hard on it? Alanis Morissette has just released a great song regarding this topic. i guess it's called "20/20". worth checking.

nice post and nice poem. makes me wonder what`s to come next. gonna spend some time wondering what are my recent would've's

Alyne Bittencourt said...

hi!!
get used to seeing me here!!
this blog gathers two of my passions:reading and english^^
now i'm gonna spread it to the guys, and make some action happen in these comments
xxxx
ohh!!and of course: another great post...

Diggory Venn said...

I have used this poem for discussion with my English students....